Friday, February 5, 2010

Danielle, girl on a mission!

Just recently, I woke up and discovered that I am fat…again. How on earth could I let this happen? I was down 76 pounds, 20 pounds from my goal weight. I had tossed all of my fat clothes and purchased a brand new wardrobe. Unfortunately, I ended up gaining 67 pounds back. It's funny to think how stress and food are my ultimate downfall. I now know that I need to find different outlets for the stress in my life instead of shoving delicious, yet terrible for you food, into my mouth.

I am starting my journey in round two of weight loss very soon. I am conjuring up ways to help me along my path. Last time, I had a large support group of friends and family that were traveling the same road at the same time as me and it made the trip much easier. This time around, I am traveling solo, which is why I am starting this blog. I want a place that I can get my thoughts out of my head and use it as a way to personally track my progress, including the bad days. I learned the last time around, that when I was having a bad day and just wanted to give it up all up and eat however I felt, it really helped to be able to say those things to my friends that were right there with me.

I am not necessarily starting this blog to catch the attention of others, but if along the way, people begin to read it and follow it, then great! I am primarily starting this blog as one resource to help me overcome an addiction in my life.

This time around, I am going to make my plan to lose weight a well organized and thought out plan. I am starting the week of February 15, 2010. The membership at my new gym begins that week and I am excited to start back. I miss the gym. It used to feel so good to get in there and sweat out any stress and frustration I might have had. That week is also the week that Lent begins. This year I have a lot of fasting that I am partaking in. One thing I am fasting from during Lent is poor eating habits. So, why not begin this journey to a healthier me during that week?

I am Danielle, a girl on a mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment